- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 93.23% to -$27.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 44.19%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, TXT's share price has jumped by 48.98%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- TEXTRON INC's earnings per share declined by 22.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TEXTRON INC reported lower earnings of $1.75 versus $1.97 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.05 versus $1.75).
- TXT, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TEXTRON INC is rather low; currently it is at 20.65%. Regardless of TXT's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.98% trails the industry average.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Industrial Goods sector as a whole closed the day down 1.6% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.5%. Laggards within the Industrial Goods sector included Lime Energy ( LIME), down 2.7%, Avalon Holdings ( AWX), down 3.7%, Art's-Way Manufacturing ( ARTW), down 2.3%, American DG Energy ( ADGE), down 7.3% and Tecumseh Products ( TECUB), down 1.7%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the sector lower today: Textron ( TXT) is one of the companies that pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today. Textron was down $0.70 (1.8%) to $37.62 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,369,497 shares of Textron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,622,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $37.54-$38.31 after having opened the day at $38.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.33. Textron Inc. operates in the aircraft, defense, industrial, and finance businesses worldwide. It operates through five segments: Cessna, Bell, Textron Systems, Industrial, and Finance. Textron has a market cap of $10.7 billion and is part of the aerospace/defense industry. Shares are up 4.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 5 analysts who rate Textron a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Textron as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on TXT go as follows: