- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, BTU INTERNATIONAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$2.70 million or 56.59% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- BTU INTERNATIONAL INC has improved earnings per share by 42.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BTU INTERNATIONAL INC reported poor results of -$1.21 versus -$1.16 in the prior year.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.44, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that BTUI's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.72 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- 38.34% is the gross profit margin for BTU INTERNATIONAL INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -15.28% is in-line with the industry average.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Electronics industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.5%. Laggards within the Electronics industry included Bio-Rad Laboratories ( BIO.B), down 1.6%, Pulse Electronics ( PULS), down 4.4%, Aehr Test Systems ( AEHR), down 1.6%, BTU International ( BTUI), down 10.5% and Bel Fuse ( BELFA), down 2.9%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: BTU International ( BTUI) is one of the companies that pushed the Electronics industry lower today. BTU International was down $0.41 (10.5%) to $3.50 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 19,322 shares of BTU International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $3.50-$3.89 after having opened the day at $3.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.91. BTU International, Inc. designs, manufactures, sells, and services thermal processing equipment and related process controls for use in the electronics, alternative energy, automotive, and other industries worldwide. BTU International has a market cap of $37.4 million and is part of the technology sector. Shares are up 29.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates BTU International as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on BTUI go as follows: