- STJ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $108.6 million.
- STJ has traded 7,527 shares today.
- STJ is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STJ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STJ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on STJ: St. Jude Medical, Inc. develops, manufactures and distributes medical devices for cardiac rhythm management, cardiovascular, and atrial fibrillation therapy areas worldwide. It operates in two divisions, Implantable Electronic Systems, and Cardiovascular and Ablation Technologies. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. STJ has a PE ratio of 18.1. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate St Jude Medical a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for St Jude Medical has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. St Jude Medical has a market cap of $19.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.49 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.61 days to cover. Shares are up 13% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates St Jude Medical as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 52.63% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, STJ should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ST JUDE MEDICAL INC has improved earnings per share by 10.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ST JUDE MEDICAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.50 versus $2.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.98 versus $2.50).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 11.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $223.00 million to $249.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $273.00 million or 49.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.61%.
- You can view the full St Jude Medical Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.