- Margaret Boland of Lexington, Ky., daughter of Charlie Boland, Major Accounts & External Affairs Specialist in Lexington, Ky.
- Tyler Campbell of St. Peters, Mo., son of Tim Campbell, Utility Worker in St. Peters/Cottleville, Mo.
- Ryan Gallagher of Cherry Hill, N.J., son of Jack Gallagher, Construction Services Engineering Director in Mt. Laurel, N.J.
- Lauren Harrison of Sutherland, Va., daughter of Kevin Harrison, Utility Technician in Hopewell, Va.
- Dallas Hogan of Mount Laurel, N.J., daughter of Maria Hogan, Executive Assistant in Cherry Hill, N.J.
- Jacob Pieti of Calumet, Mich., son of Marc Pieti, Operations Support Representative III in Calumet, Mich.
- Secilia Ramirez of Lawton, Okla., step-daughter of David Hastings, Operations Supervisor in Fort Sill, Okla.
- Samuel Stewart of Ballwin, Mo., son of Daniel Stewart, Network Supervisor in St. Louis, Mo.
- Kali Templeton of Eleanor, W.Va., daughter of William “Butch” Templeton, Field Operations Supervisor in Charleston, W.Va.
The American Water Board of Directors established the scholarship program in 1991 in honor of former American Water president, James LaFrankie. LaFrankie demonstrated the value he placed on college education by earning a degree at Georgetown University night school while working days at the Alexandria Virginia Water Company, now known as Virginia American Water. After that, LaFrankie excelled, climbing the ladder to increasingly responsible positions over his 44-year career with American Water, retiring as the company’s president in 1991.Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,600 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 40 states as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found at www.amwater.com. Click here to subscribe to Mobile Alerts for American Water.