Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Trimble Navigation ( TRMB) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Trimble Navigation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TRMB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $49.1 million.
- TRMB has traded 3.0 million shares today.
- TRMB traded in a range 236.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.48.
- TRMB traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 42 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 42 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRMB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRMB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRMB: Trimble Navigation Limited designs and distributes positioning products and applications enabled by global positioning system (GPS), optical, laser, and wireless communications technology. TRMB has a PE ratio of 40.6. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Trimble Navigation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Trimble Navigation has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Trimble Navigation has a market cap of $9.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.56 and a short float of 2.4% with 4.64 days to cover. Shares are up 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Trimble Navigation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD has improved earnings per share by 36.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD increased its bottom line by earning $0.84 versus $0.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.63 versus $0.84).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry average. The net income increased by 37.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $49.81 million to $68.62 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- TRMB's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.28 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.04, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD is rather high; currently it is at 58.76%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 11.34% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Trimble Navigation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.