- BIDU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $610.6 million.
- BIDU has traded 54,273 shares today.
- BIDU is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BIDU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BIDU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BIDU: Baidu, Inc. provides Internet search services. BIDU has a PE ratio of 29.5. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Baidu a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Baidu has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Baidu has a market cap of $64.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are up 5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Baidu as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BIDU's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 21.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 59.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- BAIDU INC has improved earnings per share by 22.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BAIDU INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.96 versus $4.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($33.48 versus $4.96).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Internet Software & Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 24.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $328.92 million to $407.82 million.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 96.02% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.45, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.56 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- You can view the full Baidu Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.