Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified TECO Energy ( TE) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified TECO Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $43.7 million.
- TE traded 876,199 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:01 AM, representing 36.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TE: TECO Energy, Inc., an electric and gas utility holding company, is engaged in the regulated electric and gas utility operations. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.8%. TE has a PE ratio of 19.3. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates TECO Energy a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for TECO Energy has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. TECO Energy has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.58 and a short float of 6.5% with 5.65 days to cover. Shares are up 7.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates TECO Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $186.90 million or 18.36% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.95%.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- TECO ENERGY INC has improved earnings per share by 15.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TECO ENERGY INC reported lower earnings of $0.92 versus $1.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.00 versus $0.92).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Multi-Utilities industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 20.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $41.50 million to $50.10 million.
- You can view the full TECO Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.