- SFLY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.3 million.
- SFLY traded 71,591 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:06 AM, representing 17.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SFLY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SFLY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SFLY: Shutterfly, Inc. is engaged in the manufacture and retail of digital personalized products and services in the United States. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Shutterfly a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Shutterfly has been 895,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Shutterfly has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.36 and a short float of 16.5% with 13.36 days to cover. Shares are down 15.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Shutterfly as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SHUTTERFLY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SHUTTERFLY INC reported lower earnings of $0.19 versus $0.55 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 210.5% in earnings (-$0.21 versus $0.19).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 175.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$12.41 million to -$34.21 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, SHUTTERFLY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$97.47 million or 16.72% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The share price of SHUTTERFLY INC has not done very well: it is down 24.37% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- You can view the full Shutterfly Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.