- SPB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.4 million.
- SPB has traded 7,088 shares today.
- SPB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SPB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SPB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SPB: Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a consumer products company worldwide. The company operates through Global Batteries & Appliances, Global Pet Supplies, Home and Garden Business, and Hardware & Home Improvement segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. SPB has a PE ratio of 50.5. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Spectrum Brands Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Spectrum Brands Holdings has been 207,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Spectrum has a market cap of $4.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.72 and a short float of 4.4% with 2.18 days to cover. Shares are up 21.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Spectrum Brands Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SPB's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Household Products industry. The net income increased by 182.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$41.23 million to $33.81 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 181.01% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 47.19% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- SPECTRUM BRANDS HOLDINGS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SPECTRUM BRANDS HOLDINGS INC swung to a loss, reporting -$1.06 versus $0.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.30 versus -$1.06).
- 39.14% is the gross profit margin for SPECTRUM BRANDS HOLDINGS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of SPB's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.30% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Spectrum Brands Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.