Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Vail Resorts ( MTN) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Vail Resorts as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MTN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.5 million.
- MTN has traded 2,869 shares today.
- MTN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MTN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MTN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MTN: Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates resorts in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Mountain, Lodging, and Real Estate. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. MTN has a PE ratio of 65.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Vail Resorts a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Vail Resorts has been 193,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Vail has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.14 and a short float of 4.9% with 9.88 days to cover. Shares are up 2.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vail Resorts as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.88, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.31, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 26.25% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- 43.85% is the gross profit margin for VAIL RESORTS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.71% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Vail Resorts Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.