Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified FactSet Research Systems ( FDS) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified FactSet Research Systems as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FDS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $75.0 million.
- FDS has traded 18,145 shares today.
- FDS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FDS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FDS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FDS: FactSet Research Systems Inc. provides integrated financial information and analytical applications to investment community in the United States, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. FDS has a PE ratio of 24.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate FactSet Research Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for FactSet Research Systems has been 303,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. FactSet Research Systems has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.63 and a short float of 18.4% with 10.50 days to cover. Shares are up 10.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates FactSet Research Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, increase in stock price during the past year and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FDS has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, FDS has a quick ratio of 1.85, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.47 versus $4.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.92 versus $4.47).
- You can view the full FactSet Research Systems Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.