Twelve fleet maintenance technicians earned spots to represent FedEx Freight, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), at the industry-wide SuperTech competition. SuperTech is considered the premier skills competition for professional commercial vehicle technicians.
- First place: Mark McLean, Jr. – Newburgh, N.Y.
- Second place: Matthew Nolan – Hartford, Conn.
- Third place: Eric Vos – Boise, Idaho
- Fourth place: Chuck Kerr – San Antonio, Texas
- Fifth place: Jeff Ostby – Spokane, Wash.
- Sixth place: Andrew Dilmuth – Jacksonville, Fla.
- Seventh place: Brian Blevins – Harrison, Ark.
- Eighth place: Douglas Nickles – Rock Island, Ill.
- Ninth place: Steven Willis – Denver, Colo.
- 10th place: Kevin Roumpapas – Rochester, N.Y.
- 11th place: Joshua Nordick – Minneapolis, Minn.
- 12th place: Mark Galliand – Baton Rouge, La.
“These technicians are the best in their field, and we are proud to have them represent FedEx Freight at the national level,” said John Smith, vice president of Safety, Fleet Maintenance and Facility Services at FedEx Freight. “Our team of technicians is dedicated to keeping our equipment moving safely down the road to serve our customers every day.”The technicians will face competitors from across the industry at SuperTech 2014. The Technology & Maintenance Council of the American Trucking Associations (ATA) will host SuperTech Sept. 22-25 in Orlando, Florida. About FedEx Freight With corporate offices in Memphis, Tenn., the FedEx Freight Segment includes FedEx Freight, a leading U.S. provider of LTL freight services; FedEx Freight Canada, an LTL operating company serving most points in Canada; and FedEx Custom Critical, North America’s largest time-specific, critical shipment carrier. FedEx Freight also serves Mexico, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. For more information, visit fedex.com. About FedEx FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $46 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 300,000 team members to remain “absolutely, positively” focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.