Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Charter Communications ( CHTR) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Charter Communications as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CHTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $145.3 million.
- CHTR has traded 9,329 shares today.
- CHTR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CHTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CHTR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CHTR: Charter Communications, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides entertainment, information, and communications solutions to residential and commercial customers in the United States. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Charter Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Charter Communications has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Charter has a market cap of $16.4 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.40 and a short float of 7.1% with 6.07 days to cover. Shares are up 11.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Charter Communications as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CHTR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 14.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 27.73% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.29%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.68% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 110.94 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.15, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Charter Communications Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.