Roundy’s, Inc. (“Roundy’s”) (NYSE: RNDY), a leading grocer in the Midwest, will open Mariano’s Gurnee, located at 6655 Grand Avenue, on Tuesday, July 1, at 6:00 a.m. Gurnee is the ninth Mariano’s to open of the 11 former Dominick’s locations acquired by Roundy’s in December 2013. The newest Mariano’s location will add 470 new jobs to the Gurnee community. Mariano’s 25 locations across the Chicagoland area have now created over 10,600 jobs. “It’s all about people. We listen carefully to customers and our employees in Gurnee to make sure the store is an extension of the community,” said Bob Mariano, chairman and CEO of Roundy’s. “Once our doors open at Mariano’s Gurnee, more improvements will come as shoppers offer feedback for creating the perfect grocery experience.” The Gurnee location will provide the best Mariano’s has to offer, including perishable, natural, and organic foods from local and regional purveyors, manufacturers, and restaurants. The store will also feature signature Mariano’s experiences, including fresh squeezed fruit and vegetable juices, house-made Italian sausage, a specialty cheese shop, produce with over 200 organic options, and a seafood department that features the freshest premium items. Mariano’s Gurnee will also offer the following, among other features:
- Vero authentic Italian coffee and gelato shop features premium coffees fresh-roasted locally and homemade gelato
- Luxury wines from all regions with personal picks from our wine expert, along with local, regional and global selections of craft beer
- International aisle highlighting global cuisine with tastes from 15 countries, as well as an expanded kosher food selection
- A dietitian available for nutrition consultations, cooking demonstrations, education classes, and health screenings
- Full-service pharmacy that features friendly and accessible pharmacists, immunization services, the Mariano’s Prescription Savings Club and the unique PharmaSmart Blood Pressure machine
Mariano’s Gurnee is open seven days a week from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The pharmacy is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There are currently 25 Mariano’s locations across Chicagoland.Additional details on other grand-opening week initiatives and events can be found on Mariano’s Facebook page, Twitter, and website, www.marianos.com. About Roundy’s Roundy’s is a leading grocer in the Midwest with nearly $4.0 billion in sales and more than 26,000 employees. Founded in Milwaukee in 1872, Roundy’s operates 174 retail grocery stores and 110 pharmacies under the Pick ’n Save, Rainbow, Copps, Metro Market and Mariano’s retail banners in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois. Roundy’s is committed to helping the communities its stores serve through the Roundy’s Foundation. Chartered in 2003, the Roundy’s Foundation mission is to support organizations working to relieve hunger and helping families in crisis due to domestic abuse, neglect and other at-risk situations.