- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 600.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 34.78% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- ONP's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.27 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.43 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Paper & Forest Products industry and the overall market, ORIENT PAPER INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ORIENT PAPER INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.67%. Regardless of ONP's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Consumer Non-Durables industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.1%. Laggards within the Consumer Non-Durables industry included CTI Industries ( CTIB), down 1.6%, China Shengda Packaging Group ( CPGI), down 4.2%, Ocean Bio-Chem ( OBCI), down 3.6%, CCA Industries ( CAW), down 1.6% and Orient Paper ( ONP), down 2.7%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: Orient Paper ( ONP) is one of the companies that pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today. Orient Paper was down $0.06 (2.7%) to $2.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 45,346 shares of Orient Paper exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 31,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $2.14-$2.22 after having opened the day at $2.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.21. Orient Paper, Inc. produces and distributes packaging and printing paper products in the People's Republic of China. It operates through two segments, Orient Paper HB and Orient Paper Shengde. Orient Paper has a market cap of $41.9 million and is part of the services sector. Shares are down 16.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Orient Paper as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on ONP go as follows: