Comcast Business and Inc. Magazine announced that six entrepreneurs from across the U.S. have been named grand prize winners in the “Innovations 4 Entrepreneurs” program, a national competition that awards more than $600,000 in cash and services to aspiring entrepreneurs who are leveraging technology to grow their business and enhance profitability. After a two week public voting period, six business owners were selected as grand prize winners from 32 regional winners. Each grand prize winner will receive a $20,000 cash award as well as an all-expenses-paid trip to New York City where they will receive one-on-one consulting with nationally recognized business experts: Marcus Lemonis, businessman, investor, TV personality and Philanthropist; Robert Irvine, Celebrity Chef and Entrepreneur; and Comcast senior executives. Previously, as regional winners, these six businesses had won a $5,000 cash award plus Comcast Business Internet and TV services for two years, along with a $2,500 allocation for other Comcast services. Grand prize winners will be recognized at an awards ceremony in New York City on August 25, 2014. They will also receive a VIP tour of 30 Rockefeller Center and attend a dinner prepared by Chef Irvine, on August 26. The Grand Prize winners come from a wide range of industries and locations across the U.S. The six winners include owners of the following businesses:
- entreDonovan – Wilmington, Delaware. Makes custom clothing for professional women.
- Neiswanger Management Services – Hyattsville, Maryland. Provides management services to healthcare facilities.
- PicturePoint On-line – San Jose, California. Produces online videos for businesses, non-profits and other organizations.
- Spa La Paws – Spring, Texas. Provides mobile pet grooming services.
- Unwind Yarn and Gifts – Savannah, Georgia. Offers yarn and knitting materials.
- West Palm Animal Clinic – West Palm Beach, Florida. A full service animal hospital.
About Comcast BusinessComcast Business, a unit of Comcast Cable, provides advanced communication solutions to help organizations of all sizes meet their business objectives. Through a next-generation network that is backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast delivers Business Internet, Ethernet, TV and a full portfolio of Voice services for cost-effective, simplified communications management. For more information, call 866-429-3085. Follow us on Twitter @ComcastBusiness and on other social media networks at http://business.comcast.com/social.