More than 2.2 million shares of the Chinese company were traded by 11:25 a.m., a significant increase from the stock's daily average trading volume of about 95,600 shares a day.
In a press release China Recycling Energy said it is unaware of any material developments beyond its recent news releases and SEC filings that could explain the trading activity. The company added that its projects are currently under construction and are on schedule.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates CHINA RECYCLING ENERGY CORP as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CHINA RECYCLING ENERGY CORP (CREG) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CREG's share price has jumped by 130.08%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for CHINA RECYCLING ENERGY CORP is currently very high, coming in at 99.81%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 48.17% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.78, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.89 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income has decreased by 5.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $3.30 million to $3.12 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$17.75 million or 3186.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CREG Ratings Report