- BMY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $427.7 million.
- BMY is up 2.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BMY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BMY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BMY: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company discovers, develops, licenses, manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells biopharmaceutical products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. BMY has a PE ratio of 27.6. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Bristol-Myers Squibb Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Bristol-Myers Squibb Company has been 9.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Bristol-Myers Squibb has a market cap of $79.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.39 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.94 days to cover. Shares are down 9.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bristol-Myers Squibb Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.55 versus $1.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.78 versus $1.55).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 53.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $609.00 million to $937.00 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.49, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.17, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 244.15% to $617.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.66%.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Bristol-Myers Squibb Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.