Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. All three major indices traded up today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average ( ^DJI) trading up 32 points (0.2%) at 16,953 as of Friday, June 20, 2014, 3:55 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,583 issues advancing vs. 1,400 declining with 164 unchanged. The Basic Materials sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.2%. Top gainers within the Basic Materials sector included Pacific Booker Minerals ( PBM), up 6.2%, Sonde Resources ( SOQ), up 2.9%, Timberline Resources ( TLR), up 2.4%, Barnwell Industries ( BRN), up 4.5% and Ossen Innovation ( OSN), up 8.0%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the sector higher today: Ossen Innovation ( OSN) is one of the companies that pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today. Ossen Innovation was up $0.07 (8.0%) to $0.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 27,959 shares of Ossen Innovation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 22,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $0.91-$1.00 after having opened the day at $0.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $0.88. Ossen Innovation Co., Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of plain surface prestressed steel materials, and rare earth coated and zinc coated prestressed steel materials in the People's Republic of China. Ossen Innovation has a market cap of $17.5 million and is part of the energy industry. Shares are down 26.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are no analysts who rate Ossen Innovation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Ossen Innovation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on OSN go as follows:
- OSN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 53.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, OSN's share price has jumped by 50.67%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, OSSEN INNOVATION CO LTD -ADR has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for OSSEN INNOVATION CO LTD -ADR is currently extremely low, coming in at 8.24%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 2.82% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$7.97 million or 288.74% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.