Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Anadarko Petroleum ( APC) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Anadarko Petroleum as such a stock due to the following factors:
- APC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $463.8 million.
- APC has traded 3,234 shares today.
- APC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APC: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is engaged in the exploration, development, production, and marketing of oil and gas properties. It operates through three segments: Oil and Gas Exploration and Production; Midstream; and Marketing. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. Currently there are 19 analysts that rate Anadarko Petroleum a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Anadarko Petroleum has been 5.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Anadarko has a market cap of $54.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.42 and a short float of 2.2% with 2.61 days to cover. Shares are up 35.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Anadarko Petroleum as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, APC's share price has jumped by 25.44%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although APC had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- The gross profit margin for ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORP is currently very high, coming in at 73.54%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -61.52% is in-line with the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $1,729.00 million or 30.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Anadarko Petroleum Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.