- Without pollinators, most fruit-flavored yogurts would be gone.
- Pollinators are responsible for the chocolate in chocolate milk.
- Without bee-pollinated clover and alfalfa we might see up to a 50 percent reduction in milk products.
- Pollinators directly sustain the plant communities where animals graze for cheese production.
- Many of the other perishables in the dairy aisle, from almond milk to fruit juices, are only made possible because of bees.
Imagine a world with no milk, yogurt, or butter. No cheese? No chance. Without pollinators, the dairy aisle would be a lot less plentiful. That’s why the Whole Foods Market Lynnfield store in Massachusetts demonstrated to shoppers how many of their dairy department favorites would cease to exist without bees.
Imagine dairy choices without bees. Share the buzz! (Photo: Business Wire)Whole Foods Market took a hard look at the dairy aisle and found that: