- Hull wins in the Non-European countries category for his invention of the original 3D printing technology
In addition to accepting the European Inventor Award today, Hull's accolades include induction into the National Inventor's Hall of Fame on May 21, 2014 for his achievements in 3D printing and receiving The Economist's 2013 Innovation Award. Hull continues to lead the 3D printing revolution as 3DS' Chief Technology Officer, celebrating 30 years of continuous 3D printing innovation and presiding over seven different 3D print technologies, more than 100 materials and 1,700 patents.Learn more about 3DS' commitment to manufacturing the future today at www.3dsystems.com . About 3D Systems 3D Systems is a leading provider of 3D printing centric design-to-manufacturing solutions including 3D printers, print materials and cloud sourced on-demand custom parts for professionals and consumers alike in materials including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. The company also provides integrated 3D scan-based design, freeform modeling and inspection tools and an integrated 3D planning and printing digital thread for personalized surgery and patient specific medical devices. Its products and services replace and complement traditional methods and reduce the time and cost of designing new products by printing real parts directly from digital input. These solutions are used to rapidly design, create, communicate, prototype or produce functional parts and assemblies, empowering customers to manufacture the future . Leadership Through Innovation and Technology
- 3DS invented 3D printing with its Stereolithography (SLA) printer and was the first to commercialize it in 1989.
- 3DS invented Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) printing and was the first to commercialize it in 1992.
- 3DS invented the Color-Jet-Printing (CJP) class of 3D printers and was the first to commercialize 3D powder-based systems in 1994.
- 3DS invented Multi-Jet-Printing (MJP) printers and was the first to commercialize it in 1996.
More information on the company is available at www.3DSystems.com .
CONTACT: Investor Contact: Stacey Witten Email: Stacey.Witten@3dsystems.com Media Contact: Alyssa Reichental Email: Press@3dsystems.com