“As tracking and visibility are core to CH Robinson’s DNA, we value how ServiceNow has applied those functions to service automation,” said Hunter Wolf, solutions engineer, CH Robinson Worldwide, Inc. “Based on our success in IT automation, our business departments are keen to use ServiceNow as a better way to manage their work tasks.”Each of the capabilities in the new release is built on the extensible ServiceNow platform and therefore leverages the common data model shared by the entire ServiceNow application portfolio. The new release offers ServiceNow customers:
- Enhancements to the Custom Application Creation Experience
- Service Creator – a new feature that allows non-technical business users to create service-oriented applications faster than ever before.
- Form Designer – a new feature that enables rapid creation and modification of forms with visual drag-and-drop controls
- New Service Automation Products
- Facilities Service Automation - a new application that routes requests to the appropriate facilities specialists and displays incidents on floor plan visualizations
- Visual Task Boards - a new feature to organize services and other tasks using kanban-inspired boards that foster collaboration and increase productivity.
- Executive Management and Visualization Tools
- New IT Operations Management Applications
- Event Management - a new application that collects and transforms infrastructure events from third-party monitoring tools into meaningful alerts that trigger service workflows
- Configuration Automation – an application that controls and governs infrastructure configuration changes, enhanced to work in environments managed with Chef data center automation.
This ServiceNow release is immediately available.Additional Resources
- Vitamix is using ServiceNow to automate services in human resources, operations maintenance and facilities management to accelerate growth. For more information, please see today’s announcement.
- Here’s a blog post on today’s news from ServiceNow Chief Strategy Officer Dave Wright.