BROOKINGS, S.D., June 16, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- When Cleveland Browns fans return to FirstEnergy Stadium this fall, they will be impressed by an integrated LED super-system designed, manufactured and installed by Daktronics Inc. (Nasdaq:DAKT) of Brookings, S.D. Each new main end-zone display will feature a unique angled pattern on its north edge and will feature nearly 6,900 square feet of display space.
Other displays coming to FirstEnergy Stadium as part of this installation include the following:
- Four sponsor deck displays
- One in each end zone with the northeast display measuring approximately 10 feet high by 70 feet wide and the northwest display measuring approximately 9 feet high by 50 feet wide.
- One in each end zone on the south side of the upper seating area, each measuring 20 feet high by 30 feet wide.
- Fourteen LED ribbon displays
- Three at each end zone along the fascia of the upper seating area, each measuring more than 3.5 feet high by 40 feet wide.
- Three on each sideline's fascia, each measuring 2.5 feet high by 40 feet wide.
- One on each sideline's seating fascia measuring 2.5 feet high by 372 feet wide.
- Four lower-corner sponsor displays: one in each corner of the stadium, each measuring 2.5 feet high by 36 feet wide.
In addition to the equipment installation, The Browns will also benefit from digital content to be produced and delivered by Daktronics' award winning Creative Services division. This imagery will consist of any mixture of sponsorship messages, crowd prompts, headshots, game opens and venue announcements at the request of the team.Daktronics LED video and messaging display technology offers a long lifetime with minimal maintenance and low power consumption, providing value and excitement for years to come. About Daktronics Daktronics helps its customers impact audiences throughout the world with large-format LED video displays, message displays, scoreboards, digital billboards and control systems in sport, business and transportation applications. Founded in 1968 as a USA-based manufacturing company, Daktronics has grown into the world leader in audio-visual systems and implementation with offices around the globe. Discover more at www.daktronics.com . SAFE HARBOR STATEMENT Cautionary Notice: In addition to statements of historical fact, this news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and is intended to enjoy the protection of that Act. These forward-looking statements reflect the Company's expectations or beliefs concerning future events. The Company cautions that these and similar statements involve risk and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from our expectations, including, but not limited to, changes in economic and market conditions, management of growth, timing and magnitude of future contracts, fluctuations in margins, the introduction of new products and technology, the impact of adverse weather conditions and other risks noted in the Company's SEC filings, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for its 2013 fiscal year. Forward-looking statements are made in the context of information available as of the date stated. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise such statements to reflect new circumstances or unanticipated events as they occur.
CONTACT: MEDIA RELATIONS Justin Ochsner Public Relations/Marketing Tel 605-692-0200 Email firstname.lastname@example.org