- URBN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $92.1 million.
- URBN has traded 324,076 shares today.
- URBN traded in a range 213.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.30.
- URBN traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 4 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 4 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in URBN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for URBN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on URBN: Urban Outfitters, Inc., a lifestyle specialty retail company, is engaged in the retail and wholesale of general consumer products. The company operates in two segments, Retail and Wholesale. URBN has a PE ratio of 18.3. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Urban Outfitters a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Urban Outfitters has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Urban Outfitters has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.32 and a short float of 4.3% with 1.79 days to cover. Shares are down 9.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Urban Outfitters as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- URBN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- URBN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.11, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, URBAN OUTFITTERS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- URBAN OUTFITTERS INC's earnings per share declined by 18.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, URBAN OUTFITTERS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.89 versus $1.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.95 versus $1.89).
- 39.78% is the gross profit margin for URBAN OUTFITTERS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of URBN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.46% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Urban Outfitters Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.