Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. All three major indices traded up today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average ( ^DJI) trading up 22 points (0.1%) at 16,756 as of Friday, June 13, 2014, 3:55 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,626 issues advancing vs. 1,329 declining with 172 unchanged. The Transportation industry as a whole was unchanged today versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.2%. Top gainers within the Transportation industry included Air T ( AIRT), up 1.8%, Radiant Logistics ( RLGT), up 1.8%, Dynagas LNG Partners ( DLNG), up 1.9%, Star Bulk Carriers ( SBLK), up 1.9% and CHC Group ( HELI), up 3.8%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the industry higher today: Dynagas LNG Partners ( DLNG) is one of the companies that pushed the Transportation industry higher today. Dynagas LNG Partners was up $0.43 (1.9%) to $23.22 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,306,931 shares of Dynagas LNG Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 37,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.50-$23.24 after having opened the day at $22.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.79. Dynagas LNG Partners has a market cap of $365.8 million and is part of the services sector. Shares are up 1.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on DLNG go as follows: You can view the full analysis from the report here: Dynagas LNG Partners Ratings Report STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- RLGT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.19, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 57.36% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, RLGT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Air Freight & Logistics industry. The net income increased by 86.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.88 million to $1.65 million.
- AIRT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- AIRT has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, AIRT has a quick ratio of 1.87, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $5.34 million or 38.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.99%.
- AIRT's share price has surged by 25.23% over the past year, reflecting the market's general trend, despite their weak earnings growth during the last quarter. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AIRT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.