- The gross profit margin for RELIV INTERNATIONAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 81.71%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -1.04% trails the industry average.
- RELV's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.27 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.82 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- RELV, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 0.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Personal Products industry and the overall market, RELIV INTERNATIONAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$1.36 million or 324.34% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Drugs industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.3%. Laggards within the Drugs industry included Merus Labs International ( MSLI), down 4.1%, Aoxing Pharmaceutical ( AXN), down 6.7%, Reliv' International ( RELV), down 9.8%, EntreMed ( ENMD), down 1.8% and Codexis ( CDXS), down 1.8%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: Reliv' International ( RELV) is one of the companies that pushed the Drugs industry lower today. Reliv' International was down $0.17 (9.8%) to $1.56 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 22,389 shares of Reliv' International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $1.51-$1.72 after having opened the day at $1.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.73. Reliv' International, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets nutritional supplements that promote basic nutrition, weight loss, athletic performance, digestive health, women's health, anti-aging, and healthy energy. Reliv' International has a market cap of $23.6 million and is part of the health care sector. Shares are down 38.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Reliv' International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on RELV go as follows: