- GENC has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 17.44, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, GENC's share price has jumped by 42.50%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- GENC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 18.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, GENCOR INDUSTRIES INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- GENCOR INDUSTRIES INC's earnings per share declined by 35.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GENCOR INDUSTRIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.71 versus $0.47 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 32.4% in earnings ($0.48 versus $0.71).
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. All three major indices are trading down today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average ( ^DJI) trading down 101.30 points (-0.6%) at 16,845 as of Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 3:55 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 997 issues advancing vs. 1,977 declining with 159 unchanged. The Industrial Goods sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.3%. Top gainers within the Industrial Goods sector included LGL Group ( LGL), up 3.2%, Euro Tech Holdings ( CLWT), up 5.0%, Breeze-Eastern ( BZC), up 6.1%, WSI Industries ( WSCI), up 2.0% and Gencor Industries ( GENC), up 3.4%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the sector higher today: Gencor Industries ( GENC) is one of the companies that pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today. Gencor Industries was up $0.35 (3.4%) to $10.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 16,675 shares of Gencor Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $10.21-$10.73 after having opened the day at $10.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.38. Gencor Industries, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and sells heavy machinery used in the production of highway construction materials, synthetic fuels, and environmental control equipment. Gencor Industries has a market cap of $82.6 million and is part of the materials & construction industry. Shares are up 8.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are no analysts who rate Gencor Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Gencor Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on GENC go as follows: