Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified LifePoint Hospitals ( LPNT) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified LifePoint Hospitals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LPNT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.7 million.
- LPNT has traded 1,202 shares today.
- LPNT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LPNT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LPNT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LPNT: LifePoint Hospitals, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates general acute care hospitals in non-urban communities in the United States. LPNT has a PE ratio of 23.3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate LifePoint Hospitals a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for LifePoint Hospitals has been 813,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. LifePoint has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.00 and a short float of 4.8% with 3.26 days to cover. Shares are up 22.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates LifePoint Hospitals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 31.78% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LPNT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 14.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $32.40 million to $37.10 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $108.60 million or 17.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, LIFEPOINT HOSPITALS INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 37.12%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, LIFEPOINT HOSPITALS INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full LifePoint Hospitals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.