Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Prospect Capital Corporation ( PSEC) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Prospect Capital Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PSEC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.6 million.
- PSEC is up 3.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PSEC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PSEC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PSEC: Prospect Capital Corporation is a business development company. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 13.5%. PSEC has a PE ratio of 8.0. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Prospect Capital Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Prospect Capital Corporation has been 5.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Prospect has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are down 12.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Prospect Capital Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins, impressive record of earnings per share growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PSEC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 58.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for PROSPECT CAPITAL CORP is rather high; currently it is at 68.45%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 43.13% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 84.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $44.43 million to $82.10 million.
- PROSPECT CAPITAL CORP has improved earnings per share by 30.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PROSPECT CAPITAL CORP reported lower earnings of $1.07 versus $1.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.27 versus $1.07).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, PROSPECT CAPITAL CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Prospect Capital Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.