As an advocate of small businesses across the country, leading security provider ADT (NYSE: ADT) today announced its sponsorship of America’s Small Business Summit, hosted by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce from June 11–13. On the heels of last month’s National Small Business Week celebration, ADT will join small business owners, entrepreneurs and Chamber executives in Washington D.C. to share tools, strategies, and best practices on how to navigate today’s rapidly changing business landscape. One key topic of the summit will be a discussion surrounding cybersecurity and how small business owners can safely access their digital domains and prevent cyber-attacks. According to the National Small Business Association (NSBA) a single cyber-attack could cost a small business an average of more than $8,000, as a result of service interruption, tainted reputation and loss of critical data, amongst other factors. On June 11, the opening day of America’s Small Business Summit, ADT Chief Information Security Officer Tom Dennison will participate in a panel discussion to share best practices for business owners in pinpointing and addressing cybersecurity vulnerabilities within their environments. Joining him on the panel will be members from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and PCI Security Standards Council. The panelists will share their views on the acceptance and implementation of the NIST cybersecurity framework, designed to improve how business owners manage cybersecurity risks (full details below). “Incorporating sound security measures from the start can help small business owners mitigate threats and boost day-to-day productivity, while allowing more time to focus on their customers, employees and growing their business,” said Luis Orbegoso, President of ADT Small Business. “As a sponsor of America’s Small Business Summit, we’re proud to help connect business owners to a variety of resources for optimizing and protecting their ventures, from the inside-out.”
For more information on ways small business owners can proactively protect and automate businesses for success, visit www.ADT.com/business.America’s Small Business Summit Panel Details:
- What: “Cyber Essentials to Protect Your Business,” a panel discussion featuring:
- Tom Dennison, Chief Information Security Officer, ADT
- Matthew Eggers, Senior Director of National Security and Emergency Preparedness, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Donna Dodson, Senior Information Technology Policy Advisor, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Jenny Menna, Director, Stakeholder Engagement and Cyber Infrastructure Resilience Division, U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Bob Russo, General Manager, PCI Security Standards Council.
- Where: Omni Shoreham Hotel: 2500 Calvert St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20008. To register, visit: https://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1304428
- Who: Presented by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, together with ADT, NIST, DHS, and PCI Security Standards Council.