FXCM Inc. (NYSE:FXCM) today announced certain key operating metrics for May 2014 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business. Monthly activities included: May 2014 Retail Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (1) of $263 billion in May 2014, 5% higher than April 2014 and 33% lower than May 2013.
- Average retail customer trading volume (1) per day of $12.0 billion in May 2014, 5% higher than April 2014 and 29% lower than May 2013.
- An average of 345,324 retail client trades per day in May 2014, 2% lower than April 2014 and 31% lower than May 2013.
- Tradable accounts (2) of 204,029 as of May 31, 2014, an increase of 11,424 accounts, or 6% from April 2014, and an increase of 6,523 accounts, or 3% from May 2013. May 2014 includes the addition of 8,976 accounts acquired from FXDirectDealer LLC.
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) of $185 billion in May 2014, no change from April 2014 and 3% lower than May 2013.
- Average institutional trading volume (1) per day of $8.4 billion in May 2014, no change from April 2014 and 1% higher than May 2013.
- An average of 55,365 institutional client trades per day in May 2014, 29% higher than April 2014 and 41% higher than May 2013.
About FXCM Inc.FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) is a global online provider of foreign exchange (forex) trading and related services to retail and institutional customers world-wide. At the heart of FXCM's client offering is No Dealing Desk forex trading. Clients benefit from FXCM's large network of forex liquidity providers enabling FXCM to offer competitive spreads on major currency pairs. Clients have the advantage of mobile trading, one-click order execution and trading from real-time charts. FXCM's U.K. subsidiary, Forex Capital Markets Limited, also offers CFD products with no re-quote trading and allows clients to trade oil, gold, silver and stock indices along with forex on one platform. In addition, FXCM offers educational courses on forex trading and provides free news and market research through DailyFX.com. Trading foreign exchange and CFDs on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all. Read full disclaimer. Visit www.fxcm.com and follow us on Twitter @FXCM, Facebook FXCM, Google+ FXCM or YouTube FXCM.