- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 78.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $5.49 million to $1.17 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $2.76 million or 73.13% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- 45.59% is the gross profit margin for XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of XRM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.87% trails the industry average.
- XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.25 versus -$1.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.57 versus $0.25).
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Two out of the three major indices traded up today One out of the three major indices traded up today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average ( ^DJI) trading up 14 points (0.1%) at 16,938 as of Monday, June 9, 2014, 3:55 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,888 issues advancing vs. 1,089 declining with 160 unchanged. The Consumer Non-Durables industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3% versus the S&P 500, which was unchanged. Top gainers within the Consumer Non-Durables industry included Superior Uniform Group ( SGC), up 2.6%, Fuwei Films (Holdings ( FFHL), up 2.5%, Sequential Brands Group ( SQBG), up 6.4%, Xerium Technologies ( XRM), up 6.0% and Ennis ( EBF), up 2.6%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the industry higher today: Xerium Technologies ( XRM) is one of the companies that pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry higher today. Xerium Technologies was up $0.88 (6.0%) to $15.65 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 146,776 shares of Xerium Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 64,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.69-$15.95 after having opened the day at $14.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.77. Xerium Technologies, Inc. manufactures and supplies consumable products primarily for the production of paper. The company operates in two segments, Machine Clothing and Roll Covers. Xerium Technologies has a market cap of $221.3 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are down 10.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are no analysts who rate Xerium Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Xerium Technologies as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on XRM go as follows: