The stock was up 2.59% to $54.36 at 9:50 a.m.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates TEXAS CAPITAL BANCSHARES INC as a "buy" with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TEXAS CAPITAL BANCSHARES INC (TCBI) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 10.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TEXAS CAPITAL BANCSHARES INC is currently very high, coming in at 89.53%. Regardless of TCBI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 22.26% trails the industry average.
- TEXAS CAPITAL BANCSHARES INC's earnings per share declined by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TEXAS CAPITAL BANCSHARES INC reported lower earnings of $2.73 versus $3.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.89 versus $2.73).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TEXAS CAPITAL BANCSHARES INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TCBI Ratings Report