- DLTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $129.3 million.
- DLTR is up 2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DLTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DLTR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DLTR: Dollar Tree, Inc. operates discount variety stores in the United States and Canada. Its stores offer merchandise at the fixed price of $1.00. DLTR has a PE ratio of 19.4. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Dollar Tree Stores a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dollar Tree Stores has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dollar Tree Stores has a market cap of $11.2 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.32 and a short float of 1.8% with 1.54 days to cover. Shares are down 3.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dollar Tree Stores as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- DOLLAR TREE INC has improved earnings per share by 13.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DOLLAR TREE INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.75 versus $2.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.13 versus $2.75).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Multiline Retail industry and the overall market, DOLLAR TREE INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 53.28% to $198.20 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DOLLAR TREE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -78.17%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Multiline Retail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 3.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $133.50 million to $138.30 million.
- You can view the full Dollar Tree Stores Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.