- EOG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $240.8 million.
- EOG has traded 27,479 shares today.
- EOG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EOG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EOG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EOG: EOG Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, explores for, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. EOG has a PE ratio of 24.7. Currently there are 19 analysts that rate EOG Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for EOG Resources has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. EOG has a market cap of $58.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.57 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.82 days to cover. Shares are up 26.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EOG Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.37, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.02, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- EOG RESOURCES INC has improved earnings per share by 33.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EOG RESOURCES INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.03 versus $1.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.46 versus $4.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 33.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $494.73 million to $660.93 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 59.14% to $2,267.67 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.46%.
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.