- TXN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $184.5 million.
- TXN has traded 1.2 million shares today.
- TXN traded in a range 285.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.54.
- TXN traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 2 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 2 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TXN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TXN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TXN: Texas Instruments Incorporated designs, manufactures, and sells semiconductors to electronics designers and manufacturers worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Analog, Embedded Processing, and Other. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. TXN has a PE ratio of 23.1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Texas Instruments a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. The average volume for Texas Instruments has been 6.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Texas Instruments has a market cap of $50.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.29 and a short float of 2.2% with 4.99 days to cover. Shares are up 6.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Texas Instruments as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TXN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 37.50% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 29.28% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TXN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC has improved earnings per share by 37.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.92 versus $1.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.32 versus $1.92).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 34.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $362.00 million to $487.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Texas Instruments Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.