Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Aetna ( AET) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Aetna as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AET has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $163.3 million.
- AET has traded 27,670 shares today.
- AET is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AET with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AET NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AET: Aetna Inc. operates as a diversified health care benefits company in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Health Care, Group Insurance, and Large Case Pensions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. AET has a PE ratio of 13.7. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Aetna a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Aetna has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Aetna has a market cap of $27.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.85 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.04 days to cover. Shares are up 14.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Aetna as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 16.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 46.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 28.03% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AET should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- AETNA INC has improved earnings per share by 23.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AETNA INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.35 versus $4.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.50 versus $5.35).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 35.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $490.10 million to $665.50 million.
- You can view the full Aetna Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.