- MSG10K is the Leading Carrier-Grade Multi-Service Gateway Product - - MSG10K Already Deployed to Provide Wireless Broadband Access on Softbank 4G/LTE Mobile Network - HONG KONG, June 4, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --UTStarcom (Nasdaq:UTSI), a global telecommunications infrastructure provider, announced today that it will market to a global customer base its carrier-class multi-service gateway technology, MSG10K, that combines routing, switching, WLAN gateway and access controller functionalities into a unified multi-core system. The MSG10K helps telecommunications carriers to meet with the skyrocketing customer demand for mobile data and deliver the best mobile experience with the lowest possible capital and operating costs. UTStarcom's advanced wireless broadband access technology complements its growing portfolio of MPLS-TP and Carrier Ethernet-based packet optical transport products by providing a greater range of products that simplify the process of network planning and deployment. This complementary Wi-Fi data offload technology, enables large-scale mobile operators to integrate of Wi-Fi with the mobile network to realize seamless Wi-Fi and 4G/LTE internetworking. Its capacity to support up to 120,000 access points within one single chassis is unrivaled in the market. The technology is already in commercial deployment on the network of Softbank Mobile in Japan, but UTStarcom is now marketing it to carriers worldwide as demand for it is poised to grow rapidly. According to Infonetics, the global mobile data traffic is surging at a 92% compound annual growth rate, and the global carrier Wi-Fi equipment market is expected to grow at a high double-digit percentage annually at least through 2016 to hit $2.1 billion. "This is a major step forward for UTStarcom's platform of wireless broadband access products and shows how we are leading the industry in wireless broadband technology development. This positions us as a category leader leading a high-growth segment of the market," said William Wong, UTStarcom's Chief Executive Officer.
Facilitating Wireless Broadband Access DeploymentIn alignment with UTStarcom's 'Simple Network, Simple Operation' philosophy, the MSG10K Wi-Fi data offloading gateway have built in strong physical and software attributes and features to achieve robust and centralized Access Point ('AP') management and configuration that can be deployed in the core network. It offers a unique combination of unified authentication, high scalability and a reliable controller. These include:
- Seamless internetworking between 3G/4G and Wi-Fi
- Supporting up to 700 users per second for DHCP and Web Authentication
- Supporting carrier-grade core deployment up to 120,000 APs and 1,320,000 users per chassis
- Seamlessly integrated with current fundamental mobile network technologies such as WLAN Gateway, BNG, Access Controller, etc.
- Centralized AP management, intelligent RF management, Rogue AP detection, seamless L2/L3 roaming, Hotpot 2.0
CONTACT: For investor and media inquiries, please contact: Jane Zuo UTStarcom Holdings Corp. Tel: +852-3750-7632 Email: email@example.com Daniel DelRe (Hong Kong) Tel: +852-3768-4547 Email: Daniel.DelRe@fticonsulting.com Simona Kormanikova (New York) Tel: +1-212-850-5685 Email: Simona.Kormanikova@fticonsulting.com May Shen (Beijing) Tel: +86-10-8591-1951 Email: May.Shen@fticonsulting.com