- PL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $61.1 million.
- PL is up 3.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PL: Protective Life Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides financial services primarily in the United States. The company is engaged in the production, distribution, and administration of insurance and investment products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. PL has a PE ratio of 10.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Protective Life a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Protective Life has been 365,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Protective Life has a market cap of $4.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.84 and a short float of 1.9% with 1.45 days to cover. Shares are up 15.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Protective Life as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, notable return on equity and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 34.60% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, PROTECTIVE LIFE CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- PROTECTIVE LIFE CORP has improved earnings per share by 6.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PROTECTIVE LIFE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.86 versus $3.64 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 0.2% in earnings ($4.85 versus $4.86).
- You can view the full Protective Life Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.