- UBFO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, UBFO's share price has jumped by 36.79%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, UBFO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for UNITED SECURITY BANCSHARS CA is currently very high, coming in at 95.76%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, UBFO's net profit margin of 13.95% significantly trails the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, UNITED SECURITY BANCSHARS CA has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- UNITED SECURITY BANCSHARS CA's earnings per share declined by 10.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNITED SECURITY BANCSHARS CA increased its bottom line by earning $0.49 versus $0.41 in the prior year.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Two out of the three major indices are trading lower today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average ( ^DJI) trading down 18.94 points (-0.1%) at 16,725 as of Tuesday, June 3, 2014, 3:55 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,153 issues advancing vs. 1,837 declining with 172 unchanged. The Banking industry as a whole was unchanged today versus the S&P 500, which was unchanged. Top gainers within the Banking industry included Georgetown Bancorp ( GTWN), up 3.2%, QC Holdings ( QCCO), up 1.8%, NB&T Financial Group ( NBTF), up 4.7%, DNB Financial ( DNBF), up 7.8% and United Security ( UBFO), up 2.0%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the industry higher today: United Security ( UBFO) is one of the companies that pushed the Banking industry higher today. United Security was up $0.11 (2.0%) to $5.60 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,186 shares of United Security exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $5.50-$5.87 after having opened the day at $5.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.49. United Security Bancshares operates as the bank holding company for United Security Bank that provides a range of commercial banking services primarily to the business and professional community, and individuals in California. United Security has a market cap of $84.5 million and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 14.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are no analysts who rate United Security a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates United Security as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on UBFO go as follows: