Other Survey Highlights:No Parent Zone: Youth want to socially network with their peers only
- Youth use social networking sites they believe their parents are not members of or are trolling. YouTube is the most frequented site, with 97% of respondents visiting the site or app on a weekly basis. YouTube was closely followed by Instagram, with 92% of respondents visiting the site or app on a weekly basis.
- Although 90% of youth believe their parents trust them to do what is right online, 45% would still change their online behavior if they knew their parents were watching.
- While 79% of youth have never used the Internet or social media to reinvent themselves, one in three youth feel more accepted on social media than they do in real life.
- Youth fear their privacy will be compromised (25%) and fear being hacked (24%) more than they fear being unpopular (16%) or cyberbullied (12%).
- Half (49%) of youth have regretted something they have posted online.
- Blog post and infographic: http://blogs.mcafee.com/consumer/teens-and-screens
- Join the discussion on Twitter @McAfeeConsumer using #TeensNScreens
About McAfeeMcAfee, part of Intel Security and a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), empowers businesses, the public sector, and home users to safely experience the benefits of the Internet. The company delivers proactive and proven security solutions and services for systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world. With its visionary Security Connected strategy, innovative approach to hardware-enhanced security, and unique global threat intelligence network, McAfee is relentlessly focused on keeping its customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com Note: McAfee is a registered trademark of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.