Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: VTSS), a leading provider of advanced IC solutions for Carrier, Enterprise and Internet of Things ( IoT) networks introduced the latest generation of its SparX-III™ Ethernet switches – VSC7420-04, VSC7421-04 and VSC7422-04 – optimized for industrial IoT applications, including building automation, manufacturing automation, intelligent transportation, smart energy, and video surveillance/security. Leveraging Vitesse’s newest SparX-III family, turnkey Ethernet hardware and software reference system and ODM model enables nearly 70% faster time-to-market over traditional methods. “We see industrial IoT networks standardizing on Ethernet, which introduces a host of new requirements including low power, security and stringent reliability,” said Andy Ebert, senior product marketing manager at Vitesse. “OEM design and development costs typically skyrocket due to the variety of industrial systems and applications they must support. Vitesse offers a way to serve highly-diverse IoT market needs with a finite set of hardware and software solutions, generating significant OEM savings in development, inventory and certification costs.” Next-Generation Ethernet Switches Aligned With IoT Networking Demands Vitesse’s latest SparX-III Ethernet switches support a variety of port counts, combinations of multiple interfaces, and advanced feature sets either using a single device, or a combination of multiple devices with compatible footprints. SparX-III family features include:
- Energy Efficiency: Featuring Vitesse's EcoEthernet™ 2.0, the SparX-III Ethernet switches, combined with the industry’s only 12-port i-temp PHY – VSC8522 – enable a broad range of energy efficient Gigabit Ethernet platforms, ranging from single chip, 10-port to 2-chip, 24-port count solutions;
- Rugged I-Temp Support: Vitesse’s SparX-III Ethernet switch family is available with i-temp support, readily meeting systems requirements for rugged industrial and outdoor environments;
- Unmanaged to Lightly Managed Intelligence: For optimal network control and delivery of differentiated services, Vitesse’s SparX-III Ethernet switches deliver basic VLAN, Q-in-Q, Quality of Service (QoS) and rate limiting processing.
- VSC7420-04: 10-Port Layer-2 Gigabit Ethernet switch with eight fully integrated copper PHYs
- VSC7421-04: 17-Port Layer-2 Gigabit Ethernet switch with 12 fully integrated copperPHYs; and
- VSC7422-04: 25-Port Layer-2 Gigabit Ethernet switch with 12 fully integrated copper PHYs