Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Pfizer ( PFE) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Pfizer as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PFE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $798.0 million.
- PFE has traded 15.3 million shares today.
- PFE traded in a range 815.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.03.
- PFE traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 492 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 492 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PFE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PFE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PFE: Pfizer Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells healthcare products worldwide. Its product portfolio includes medicines and vaccines, as well as various consumer healthcare products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. PFE has a PE ratio of 17.8. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Pfizer a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pfizer has been 30.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pfizer has a market cap of $188.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.78 and a short float of 0.9% with 1.96 days to cover. Shares are down 3.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pfizer as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.48, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, PFE has a quick ratio of 1.75, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,935.00 million or 30.96% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.52%.
- PFIZER INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PFIZER INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.65 versus $1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.24 versus $1.65).
- The gross profit margin for PFIZER INC is currently very high, coming in at 86.04%. Regardless of PFE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PFE's net profit margin of 20.61% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Pfizer Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.