Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Macquarie Infrastructure ( MIC) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Macquarie Infrastructure as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MIC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.0 million.
- MIC has traded 2,011 shares today.
- MIC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MIC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MIC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MIC: Macquarie Infrastructure Company LLC, through its subsidiaries, owns, operates, and invests in infrastructure businesses that provide services to businesses and individuals primarily in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.2%. MIC has a PE ratio of 71.0. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Macquarie Infrastructure a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Macquarie Infrastructure has been 247,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Macquarie Infrastructure has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.95 and a short float of 1% with 2.72 days to cover. Shares are up 12.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Macquarie Infrastructure as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MACQUARIE INFRASTRUCT CO LLC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MACQUARIE INFRASTRUCT CO LLC increased its bottom line by earning $0.60 versus $0.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.24 versus $0.60).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Transportation Infrastructure industry. The net income increased by 246.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $5.87 million to $20.37 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 75.46% to $59.08 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MACQUARIE INFRASTRUCT CO LLC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.92%.
- 41.53% is the gross profit margin for MACQUARIE INFRASTRUCT CO LLC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, MIC's net profit margin of 7.37% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Macquarie Infrastructure Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.