Roundy’s, Inc. (“Roundy’s”) (NYSE: RNDY), the Midwest’s most exciting food market destination, will open Mariano’s Bucktown tomorrow – its 23rd location – adding approximately 600 new jobs to the area, and reaching the milestone of approximately 10,000 jobs created since 2010. The new Bucktown store will cover more than 80,000 square feet, providing shoppers with signature Mariano’s experiences such as fresh squeezed juices and house-made Italian sausage, along with the debut of Mariano’s VEG’D, a uniquely different way to enjoy a selection of vegan and raw vegan items. The store, located at 2112 N. Ashland Avenue in Chicago, will feature local offerings, along with a wine bar, international products inspired by flavors from 15 countries, an expanded kosher food selection and live piano for added ambiance while shopping. “With this latest addition to the Mariano’s family, Bucktown shoppers will now have the chance to enjoy a foodie experience that is unique to this neighborhood and culture,” said Bob Mariano, chairman and CEO of Roundy’s. “With more than 500 varieties of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, handmade sweets and a variety of vegan options for health-conscious shoppers – Mariano’s Bucktown is a grocery store experience unlike any other.” Mariano’s Bucktown will offer many unique foodie and lifestyle experiences including:
- VEG’D – a uniquely different way to enjoy a selection of vegan and raw vegan items; good for the environment, your heart, weight and overall health
- Vero authentic Italian coffee and gelato shop features premium coffees fresh-roasted locally
- Sweet Shoppe featuring caramel apples dipped on site, handmade fudge, flavored popcorn and chocolate dipped specialties
- Full-Service Pharmacy that features friendly and accessible pharmacists, immunization services, the Mariano’s Prescription Savings Club and the unique PharmaSmart Blood Pressure machine
- Tea Bar – loose leaf, packaged, and freshly brewed teas developed in partnership with Roderick Markus at Rare Tea Cellars, including new proprietary blends. Scheduled to open mid-summer
Mariano’s Bucktown is open seven days a week from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The pharmacy is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There are currently 23 Mariano’s locations across Chicagoland.Additional details on other grand-opening week initiatives and events can be found on Mariano’s Facebook page, Twitter, and website, www.marianos.com. About Roundy’s Roundy’s is a leading grocer in the Midwest with nearly $4.0 billion in sales and more than 23,000 employees. Founded in Milwaukee in 1872, Roundy’s operates 171 retail grocery stores and 115 pharmacies under the Pick ’n Save, Rainbow, Copps, Metro Market and Mariano’s retail banners in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois. Roundy’s is committed to helping the communities its stores serve through the Roundy’s Foundation. Chartered in 2003, the Roundy’s Foundation mission is to support organizations working to relieve hunger and helping families in crisis due to domestic abuse, neglect and other at-risk situations.