- RELV's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.82 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The gross profit margin for RELIV INTERNATIONAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 80.04%. Regardless of RELV's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -1.04% trails the industry average.
- RELV, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 0.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Personal Products industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 177.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.20 million to -$0.15 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Personal Products industry and the overall market, RELIV INTERNATIONAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. All three major indices are trading down today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average ( ^DJI) trading down 42.32 points (-0.3%) at 16,633 as of Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 4:20 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,597 issues advancing vs. 1,466 declining with 135 unchanged. The Health Care sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.1%. Top gainers within the Health Care sector included Aoxing Pharmaceutical ( AXN), up 14.0%, Dynatronics ( DYNT), up 3.6%, American Caresource Holdings ( ANCI), up 5.8%, Reliv' International ( RELV), up 4.4% and Electromed ( ELMD), up 2.6%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the sector higher today: Reliv' International ( RELV) is one of the companies that pushed the Health Care sector higher today. Reliv' International was up $0.08 (4.4%) to $1.93 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,229 shares of Reliv' International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $1.87-$1.97 after having opened the day at $1.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.85. Reliv' International, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets nutritional supplements that promote basic nutrition, weight loss, athletic performance, digestive health, women's health, anti-aging, and healthy energy. Reliv' International has a market cap of $23.7 million and is part of the health services industry. Shares are down 33.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are no analysts who rate Reliv' International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Reliv' International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on RELV go as follows: