NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) CEO Doug McMillon said the retailer may use 3-D printers for producing supplies and might even make an acquisition in the market, Bloomberg reports..
"Three-D printing is interesting to me," he said today at the Code Conference in California. "We can use 3-D printing over time for replacement parts."
In response to a question on Wal-Mart buying 3-D printing companies, McMillon said it might make sense "in some cases." More generally, the retailer is planning to ramp up acquisitions and partnerships, he said.
"We've been more acquisitive lately, especially for talent," McMillon said. "And our pace of acquisitions, I think, is going to accelerate," Bloomberg noted.
Shares of Wal-Mart are up 0.24% to $75.77.
TheStreet Ratings team rates WAL-MART STORES INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate WAL-MART STORES INC (WMT) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- WMT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $5,939.00 million or 21.35% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WAL-MART STORES INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 11.98%.
- WAL-MART STORES INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WAL-MART STORES INC reported lower earnings of $4.86 versus $5.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.15 versus $4.86).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Food & Staples Retailing industry and the overall market, WAL-MART STORES INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WMT Ratings Report