Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Metals & Mining industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.6%. Laggards within the Metals & Mining industry included Sinocoking Coal and Coke Chemicals ( SCOK), down 11.4%, Ossen Innovation ( OSN), down 6.6%, Entree Gold ( EGI), down 2.9%, Silver Bull Resources ( SVBL), down 2.1% and Exeter Resource ( XRA), down 4.2%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: Entree Gold ( EGI) is one of the companies that pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today. Entree Gold was down $0.01 (2.9%) to $0.30 on light volume. Throughout the day, 51,893 shares of Entree Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 138,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $0.29-$0.31 after having opened the day at $0.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $0.31. Entree Gold has a market cap of $45.5 million and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are up 10.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
- OSN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 53.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, OSSEN INNOVATION CO LTD -ADR has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for OSSEN INNOVATION CO LTD -ADR is currently extremely low, coming in at 8.24%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 2.82% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$7.97 million or 288.74% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SCOK has a quick ratio of 2.19, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 37.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for SINOCOKING COAL & COKE CHEM is rather low; currently it is at 17.94%. Regardless of SCOK's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.81% trails the industry average.
- SINOCOKING COAL & COKE CHEM has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, SINOCOKING COAL & COKE CHEM reported lower earnings of $0.05 versus $0.59 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 112.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.83 million to -$0.11 million.