"We rate SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC (SIRI) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself."
The stock was up 0.92% to $3.30 at 2:19 p.m. on Tuesday.
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 14.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $251.39 million or 48.82% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.21%.
- The gross profit margin for SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC is rather high; currently it is at 60.86%. Regardless of SIRI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.42% trails the industry average.
- SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $0.06 versus $0.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.08 versus $0.06).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Media industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 23.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $123.60 million to $93.99 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SIRI Ratings Report